To-do lists have always been important from the days when people used to scribble down the notes on the pieces of paper. Lots of people still use sticky notes and other paper pads for listing down the tasks of their daily routine so that nothing gets missed out. In the present era, technology has revolutionized our ways of living no matter what field of life it is! Having the to-do list apps on your mobile phones and laptops is another perk of letting technology make your life easier.
What are the features that to-do list apps should have?
Listing down the tasks of your entire day or week and planning everything accordingly is considered to be substantial. You can boost your level of productivity by increasing the effectiveness of your task management techniques. No matter which industry or field you are in, choosing the right tool for the management of your tasks is the foremost thing. The apps for task management should have such features that can let you do the following things:
- Planning the tasks
- Tracking the progress of the tasks
- Reporting the tasks after a certain time period
- Collaborating on complicated workloads
- Sharing knowledge with the co-workers
- Ensuring the work delivery within the given deadline
Which is the most useful feature that a to-do list app can have?
Different people judge the usability and effectiveness of these apps in different ways according to their own concerns. However, some factors are common that everyone desires to find in the app. The most effective and the best task management software and applications are supposed to:
- Function at a fast speed and organize the tasks according to the users’ requirements
- Suggest more than one ways for organizing the users’ tasks (for instance tags, projects, due dates, lists, etc.)
- Remind the users about the deadlines that are self-imposed (through widgets, emails, and notifications)
- Offer user-friendly interfaces that are well-designed and provide an amazing user experience
- Synchronize between all the platforms that the person uses
Why are there so many task management apps?
The applications for task management are so important in offices, banks, and other business places because they let you organize and manage all of your tasks. Most of the people and organizations realize the significance of these apps. So a large number of people and business firms are using these applications on individual and collective levels respectively. This is the reason lots of developers and companies are offering their own versions of these apps and providing enhanced features so that people can choose the best platform.
Which is the best to do list app?
Some of the best to do list apps for iPhone and Android to simplify your task management are as follows:
It is one of the best tools for task management that is created for individual workers as well as teams. It has a user-friendly graphical user interface that lets users navigate through a number of features.
The main functionalities of nTask are as follows:
- Creating the tasks and their subtasks
- Scheduling those tasks and listing them as recurring or single time tasks
- Listing down the things that are to be done by using checklists
- Organizing, prioritizing and monitoring the status of the tasks
- Giving the options of progress reports, Gantt Charts, timelines, etc. for keeping the projects on the right track
- Offering the options of search feature and filters
- Letting the users to get synced with the updates
Wunderlist is an amazing and powerful productivity task manager app that is available for both Android and iOS. It has its basic version as well as the pro version. Both of these versions are now offered for free.
The basic features of Wunderlist are as follows:
- Creating the to-do lists for the users
- Letting the users share those lists with their coworkers or friends (and giving them the access to edit them if required)
- Offering a clean and feasible user experience even if two people work simultaneously on a list
- Offering a smooth and user-friendly design
- Providing an intuitive way to add and check off the listed items, add the due date or any other reminders
Google Keep can be very convenient for you if you have always been using paper and pen for making your task lists earlier in your life. It is a simple app in which you can give titles to your lists, save them and open them up again whenever you need. The best part is that it fits in the collaboration tools seamlessly that most of the people use in their daily routine.
The key features of this todo list app are as follows:
- Setting reminders
- Drawing or typing something
- Leaving voice reminders
- Giving the option of pin posting
- Saving the articles… etc.
- Proving the option of syncing
Todoist is another app for task management that is geared to a greater extent towards the individuals rather than the complete workforces. However, users can also group their tasks into various projects that can be used by small teams.
The key features of Todoist App are as follows:
- Creating and organizing tasks quickly through the Quick Add feature
- Setting deadlines and adjusting the recurring deadlines if some tasks are to be repeated
- Creating and managing tasks along with their sub-tasks; setting goals and keeping track of the task progress
- Highlighting the tasks that are to be completed on priority
- Keeping a track of the user’s progress and earning Karma Points to hit the targets
Any.do is one of the free apps for task management; however, it also has a premium version. This app has started using the frontier of Artificial Intelligence to make it easier for the users and let them have an assistant that can perform certain jobs. The app offers the following features:
- Organizing all the projects that are to be completed
- Color tagging the projects according to the levels of their priorities
- Boosting the productivity of users with the help of attachments, subtasks, and notes
Additional Features of Any.do Assistant are:
- Scheduling the appointments
- Purchasing the products
- Looking up for the best deals, etc.
Trello is one of the latest and auspicious to do list apps. It provides the users with a drag and drop layout and a user-friendly interface. It lets you use the following features:
- Creating unlimited lists, attachments, cards, boards, and checklists
- Allowing the integration of database with Dropbox and Google Drive
- Inviting different people from anywhere in the world to help you in managing your projects
- Instant Messaging with the other team members
Tick Tick is a unique task management app. It offers a number of features on all the platforms that the users can think of. Some of the main features of this app are as follows:
- Organizing the tasks using tags, due dates, lists etc.
- Putting the smaller tasks in the category of sub-tasks
- Offers the users to use the Pomodoro Timer (to allow them to start a work session of 25 minutes)
Centrallo is one of the best to do list app for iPhone and Android that is quite versatile as compared to other such apps. It is very simple to use and has the following main features:
- Letting the users create the lists of tasks and share them
- Letting the users add the links of pictures and videos
- Giving the option of collaborating with the other members of the team working on a project
Accelo provides an all-in-one solution for the management of your tasks and projects. The users have the option of managing their projects using the drag-and-drop charts. Thain main functionalities of Accelo are as follows:
- Offering the users a project tracking feature for considering the results, budget and resources
- Offering the users a tool for team scheduling
- Offering the functionality of invoicing to the users
It is another simple app for managing your everyday tasks at the workplace or at home. Easynote helps the users in:
- Creating, following up and assigning tasks to the users and their teams
- Sharing files
- Easy collaboration among the teams
All these apps have their own pros and cons. You can choose any of the best free task management software and apps for organizing your daily routine tasks according to your feasibility and work requirements!
At Clustox, we offer the development of these types of To-Do List apps. You can choose the functionalities that you want to be added up in your app and get your app customized. We have the best team of developers who provide excellent solutions and services regarding these kinds of Android and iOS applications.