So, you know you need a mobile application but do you really know what you want out of it? What is it developed for, and how will you create the app?
These are some of the basic questions you should ask yourself before getting into the mobile application development process. The answers to these questions will definitely pave your way to the desired results.
Wait a minute! Grab your pen and a piece of paper. After that, note your ten important questions to ask a Software Development Company before developing a Mobile App.
Questions to ask your Mobile App Development Company
How much does it cost to build a mobile app?
How long does it take to build a mobile app?
Which is best; the Android mobile app or the iOS app?
How will the app development project be managed?
How often will I need to update my app?
How should my app be tested?
How will my app launch on app stores?
How can I measure my app’s success?
Can I view your previous successful projects?
Why should I work with you guys?
How Much Does It Cost To Build A Mobile App?
The most common question everyone gets in their minds is how much it will cost to build their desired mobile app. The answer is never as simple as a fixed price tag. So, when you are looking to hire a mobile app development company, you have to make sure they mention the following aspects:
What is the complication level of your mobile app?
The complication of the mobile app is decided by looking at the features like will the users create profiles, communicate with other users, sell products, make payments through the app, and lots more. Depending on these features, the complication of mobile apps is decided.
1. Simple Mobile App cost: $50,000
2. Data consumption apps costs: $50,00 – $100,000
3. Login & Sign Up apps: $100,000 – $300,000
4. Social Networking apps: $150,000 – $500,000
5. M-commerce Apps: $200,000 – $1,000,000
6. Marketplace apps: $200,000 – $1,500,000
What simple and expensive features does it include?
Here are some of the most expensive features you will encounter when developing a mobile application.
1. E-commerce stores; payment gateways
2. Social Media Apps
3. Databases; storing user data or third-party data
5. 24/7 Company Support
6. Developers; in-house developers or outsourcing team
⦿ Is it an Android or iOS mobile application?
⦿ Domain hosting, servers, updates, and other technical charges
⦿ Continuous updating improvement plans
⦿ Project payment milestones
Moreover, there are several tools if you are not willing to contact any software development company for app development cost estimation.
You can tell your requirements to cost estimator tools like How Much it Cost to Build an App, which helps you get a rough estimate of app cost by answering the questions mentioned.
How Long Does It Take To Build A Mobile App?
On average, it was observed that it takes three to nine months to build an app. But just like cost is affected by several factors, the same way the timeline of a project is also affected by several factors. However, the most time-consuming stages of the app development process are:
⦿ Documentation of a project brief: one or two weeks
While writing a project brief will require a few things:
1. Project Goals and Success Metrics
2. RFP (request for proposal)
3. NDA ( Non-Disclosure Agreement)
4. Approximate Budget Range
5. Desired Delivery Date (estimate)
6. Researching for your ideas: five to six weeks
7. User Stories
8. App Prototype
9. Developing MVP (Minimum Viable Product)
10. Designing mockups and prototyping: six to twelve weeks
11. Coding and Development process: six to twelve weeks
12. Launching to app stores: minimum two weeks
Before submitting your App to Google Play Store or Apple App Store, make sure you have the following details:
1. Contact and Basic Company information
2. Screenshots of Unique App Features
3. Detailed and Authentic description of your app
4. Icones displaying Store Listings
5. Demonstration of App
Continuous improvement: no time limit
Ongoing support and maintenance: keep on going till the life of the app