Developing a million-dollar mobile app is not an easy task. First, one must locate a mobile app development company with relevant expertise to turn the idea into reality.
When it comes to mobile app ideas and development technologies, Cloud computing has taken over the global market and is expected to reach $832 billion in 2025.
From $371 billion in 2020, annual growth was recorded at 17.5%, comprising SaaS (Software as a Service) revenue alone grew from 2% of the software market in 2009 to 23% in 2020.
Today’s pandemic situation suggests the transfer of enterprise applications to cloud technology so that the business can leverage mobile app ideas for success. Mobile app development trends have a massive urge with more than 5 Billion unique smartphone users.
According to Statista, the increasing number of mobile applications will quickly grow the revenue from $462 billion in 2019 to $935 billion in 2023.
Mobile App Development Usage and Revenue – Key Figures to Note
- Average Number of Apps User installs: 60-90 apps and uses one of them daily, spending 2 hours 15 minutes on all of them.
- An average smartphone user uses up to 10 apps/day and 30 apps each month.
- App Store Consumer Spending is projected to increase by 92% ($157 billion) worldwide by 2022.
- Approx. 77% of App Users spend time on the Top Three Applications and the rest of the time on the other ten trending apps.
- Moreover, 87% of users check their phone for an hour before sleep, and 69% check their phone within 5 minutes before bedtime.
- On average, 100,000 new Android mobile apps are released monthly on Google PlayStore.
Predictions about Different Types of Apps and the Revenue they are Likely to Generate by 2025
|App Category||Revenue in 2021||Estimated Revenue in 2025|
|Lifestyle||$10 million||$14 million|
|Music||$9 million||$13 million|
|Social Media||$39 million||$60 billion|
|Books||$7 million||$12 million|
|Photo and Video||$16 million||$25 million|
|Education||$6 million||$10 million|
Need for Mobile App Ideas for Your Business?
Although, the stats on mobile app development and usage have explained the importance of mobile apps. Besides these, there are plenty of more reasons for it.
Reason #1: More than 60% of internet users are using mobile to go online.
Reason #2: The internet has attained more than half of the global penetration. The internet penetration in developed countries is more than 85% and nearly 50% in under-development countries.
Reason #3: The mobile internet share time has crossed the 50% average.
Different Businesses Around the Globe Using Mobile Apps
So, in the present era, mobiles are taking over great dominancy and taking the future under their control. Eventually, you should take care of the current trends to make the future fall in the right direction.
To make it easier for you to revamp your business with some of the coolest mobile app ideas, we have bundles of trending mobile app ideas here.